When being summoned to go to a job interview it is convenient that we inform ourselves before about the company / institution.
So we can place ourselves in the context of the workplace (for example, by consulting the company's website) and know the characteristics of the vacancy to be filled to try to find points in common with the work done previously or the training received.
A small script with points to consider in order to face the interview with more security and tranquility is provided below.
What would be nice to know about the company / institution?
· Values, mission, philosophy, history, financing.
· Most outstanding products, projects and / or services.
· Company successes.
· Business market to which the company / institution belongs.
· Information of the field or business sector.
· Companies that can be competitors.
· Position of the company with respect to its competitors.
· Delegations and / or countries where you have your.
· Organizational structure. HR Policy.
What should be known about the job you want to access?
· Professional category, tasks to be performed and depending on who.
· Knowledge of languages, computer science, other tools and / or necessary training.
· Skills and competencies required to carry out the task.
· Work and / or professional experience that they will value.
· Type of relationship established (employment contract, internship agreement, etc.).
· Geographical location of the workplace.
· If the job requires travel.
· You offered (in case the salary is to be agreed or negotiated, it is advisable to know the grid of the salaries in force in the market for the position to which you aspire).
· Career plan in the company.
You have to be clear ...
· The strengths, the points to improve, the qualities, the competences, the values, etc., that are had as a person and / or professional to assess what can be contributed to the company / institution.
· Personal and professional goals.
· The hourly availability, to do overtime, to travel locally, nationally and / or internationally, to use your own vehicle, etc.
Practice and prepare
· The usual basic questions related to the content of the curriculum (for example, about work experience, the tasks developed, location within the organizational chart of the company / institution, tools used, etc.).
· Uncommon questions or seemingly out of context (for example, those related to personal aspects or conflicting situations that may have been lived in other workplaces, or during studies, if there is no professional experience).
· The answers to make it possible to derive from the seemingly negative competence achieved and applicable to the job that is intended to be filled.
· Short answers.
· A summary of the professional and / or personal trajectory in 5 minutes to have a clear mental outline of what will be highlighted during the interview.
· What will be said and what will be called, both with verbal and nonverbal language.
You have to make sure ...
· Have the day, time and place where the interview will be well recorded.
· It is preferable not to have any other commitment the same day, before or after the interview, because it can generate nervousness.
· Have the contact information so that if there is a serious unforeseen event that makes it impossible to attend the interview, the interviewer can be notified as soon as possible.
· Search in advance how to get to the place of the interview and know how long it will take to travel.
· You have to arrive with enough time.
· Know, if possible in advance, the name of the interviewer and the position they hold in the company / institution.
· Bring copies of the current curriculum, letters of recommendation, documents accrediting the training, knowledge of languages and / or computer tools, etc. (And / or work done, if necessary), in an organized manner in a folder or portfolio.
· Bring paper and pen, diary, calendar or any other electronic device in case you have to take a note or set dates for the next phases of the selection process or delivery of documentation.