Team Leader | Blenheim
New Zealand Post are charting a course towards a big future – we choose to be bold – and nothing will get in the way of delivering what our customers care about.
The Team Leader is a front line leadership role at NZ Post, focused on engaging our workforce in the processing/delivery of our customer's mail in a timely and efficient way as measured by our service performance targets. You will have a clear focus on leadership of the team, creating a team culture that people want to be a part of. Examples of this leadership will include; keeping the team up to speed with organisational changes, helping the team to develop in their skills and careers,
recognising and rewarding performance and managing performance issues.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Ability to work a roster of Monday – Wednesday 10am - 6.30pm and Thursday and Friday 2.30pm 11pm
- Manage the daily performance of two teams - afternoon and night shift so some degree of flexibility is required
- Communicating a clear sense of direction to the teams
- Developing and managing team members
- Planning for and implementing change as required
- Operational excellence through managing standard processes
You might be in a similar role and looking for a change, or you may have been told that you are ready and able to step up into a supervisory position.
We are eagerly looking for someone to bring their enthusiasm to our mix of talent. We set our new employees up for success by providing training and development including induction and on-the-job learning.
At New Zealand Post, we know what values we hold and the exciting direction we are taking our business. Alongside the opportunity to work with an outstanding team, our permanent employees enjoy a wide variety of benefits including:
- Access to discounted health insurance plans for you and your family
- Special rates on fantastic holiday home accommodation around New Zealand
- Reduced banking service fees, rates and packages through our partners
- Full use of a Wellness portal to help you lead a long, happy and healthy lifestyle
- An Employee Assistance programme to support you when you need it
Apply now to launch your career with the NZ Post Group - be part of our journey and reach your maximum potential.
For more information about careers at New Zealand Post visit jobs.nzpost.co.nz
All applicants will be required to provide proof of their eligibility to work in New Zealand. Any appointment will be subject to a satisfactory drug test and security check.