Auckland University of Technology
Auckland City, Auckland
Department of Accounting
- Exciting opportunity to be part of a team, educating the next generation of accountants
- Permanent - Full-time position
The Department of Accounting, Faculty of Business, Economics and Law at Auckland University of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand, is seeking to fill one permanent Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (teaching path) role.
The successful candidate will:
- Teach accounting courses across a range of levels and campuses,
- Engage with current developments in accounting practice and/or accounting education,
- Supervise students undertaking the Bachelor of Business co-operative education (internship) placements,
The ideal candidate will be an excellent teacher at the university level with good organisational skills and enjoy working in a team environment. A PhD in accounting and a record of publishing in scholarly journals is a plus.
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in teaching accounting including but not limited to:
- Accounting Systems & Analytics
- Taxation and corporate law
- Financial and Management Accounting
The successful candidate is expected to effectively integrate new developments in their teaching and learning approaches, and develop and maintain relationships with people in business, the professions or the broader community.
The successful candidate is preferred to start prior to the commencement of Trimester 3, 2020.
Closing date of applications: 28th July 2020
Enquires of an academic nature may be made by contacting the Head of Department, Associate Professor Anil Narayan. Email: [email protected]
For more information on Auckland University of Technology, please visit www.aut.ac.nz..