NZ Transport Agency
Wellington City, Wellington
- Join an experienced, friendly, payroll team
- Fixed Term role – 18 months
- Wellington based
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
Pūmanawa Tāngata, the People Group, is responsible for developing and managing people related systems,
processes and practices so we have the workplace and capabilities we need to succeed now and in the future. Pūmanawa Tāngata develops the people strategy with emphasis on talent, diversity, culture and leadership capabilities, and develops, lifts and manages people related systems, processes and practices.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of this role is to lead the payroll team to ensure accurate and timely processing of the payroll function and compliant record management. This role will also drive & improve payroll processes, lead requirements and testing for payroll change, and provide support and expertise on the Transport Agency's implementation approach to remuneration. There is also an opportunity to be involved in our HR and payroll technology change project.
This role is very hands on with lots of variety in a changing environment. The team you will be leading are very professional, serious about what they do, but they lighten the day with their fun sense of humour.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Ability to lead a small, dedicated payroll function within a complex payroll environment
- Deep knowledge and understanding of payroll and related legislation
- Sound experience in the configuration of HRIS and payroll solutions (using Chris 21 is desirable).
- A strong customer service focus
- The ability to assess and mitigate risk
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to ask relevant questions that challenge the status quo
- Experience in change management would be advantageous
- Ability to complete payroll administration with high volumes of new starters and terminations and to maintain payroll leave management services
- Vigilant around the application of entitlements, awards and agreements
If you have the interest, passion and background to succeed in this exciting opportunity. We would love to hear from you.
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Tuesday the 14th of July 2020
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: [email protected]
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.