NZ Ministry of Education
Director of Education
Secondment or Fixed Term to 30 June 2021
Based in Waikato
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Help shape the future of Education
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of more than 3,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child,
young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
Sector Enablement & Support work closely with the Early Childhood and Schooling sectors, providers, and communities to provide support, expertise and resources to help children and young people reach their full potential. We also directly provide Learning Support for around 40,000 children and young people
About this role
The Director of Education for Waikato will be a persuasive and savvy leader who will provide a single face of the Ministry to the sector in the region. They will back their community and mobilise the right programmes and resources to allow the region's children and young people to reach their full potential.
Your skills and experience as a senior leader, strong and effective communicator, ability to think nationally and act locally and to provide clarity in a complex environment will be crucial to your success.
You will also offer:
- Extensive experience in a senior leadership role within a large, complex organisation, preferably in service delivery
- A proven track record in change leadership and successful implementation and management of multiple and diverse programmes and services
- Understanding of the levers and challenges of educational achievement
- Proven track-record in delivering equitable outcomes for Maori, Pasifika and/or people with special education needs
- Highly developed engagement and communication skills
- Ability to work in a broad range of cultural settings, including tikanga Maori
- Ability to understand and apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and tangatawhenuatanga.
Are you ready to make a difference?
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and those with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi's guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
There is more information in the position description attached, please take a look and if this opportunity sounds like you, please apply now using the ‘apply online' button.
For further information, please contact Steve Gregan at 027 201 9812 or email [email protected]
Applications close on Friday 31st July 2020