New Zealand Government
Wellington City, Wellington
We're changing the way we deliver our services and implementing a modern platform over the coming months to ensure that we can provide first class service to our customers.
This is a role where you'll provide support and services to a range of customers at Parliament.
We need an enthusiastic Senior Service Desk Analyst to join our team. Ideally you will have two plus years' experience working on a Service Desk and understand how a Service Desk operates.
In this role you will be a first point of contact and assistance to the Service Desk team. You'll use your technical skills to help troubleshoot, resolve and document common solutions for the wider team.
You'll support our Team Lead and have hands-on input into support process and the design of systems as we refresh our toolset. And of course, pitch in to support our customers as and when needed.
You'll need to have exceptional customer service skills, enjoy learning on the job, figuring out how our systems work, have a desire to resolve issues and answer questions no matter how simple or complex they are.
To achieve great outcomes in this role, you will bring relevant experience including:
- Enthusiasm, drive and an inquisitive mind
- Knowledge of Service Desk methodologies and best practice
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Windows 10, Active Directory and Exchange
- Proven experience providing exceptional customer service and support
- Experienced at taking ownership of tasks and seeing them through to completion
- Being able to communicate in a clear and honest manner with customers
- Have a relevant diploma and/or a good tertiary academic record and/or relevant working experience
- CA Service Desk, Activate and ServiceNow skills (desired)
- ITIL Foundation certification (desired)
- PowerShell knowledge (desired)
- You will be provided with onsite orientation to help you understand the workings of Parliament
- Training will be provided by our teams and team members.
- You won't be fully deskbound - we encourage floor walking to meet and greet everyone at Parliament
- Flexible Working times available
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter.
Applications close midnight Tuesday, 14 July 2020.
For any queries, please email [email protected]
Parliamentary Service appoints on merit and is committed to EEO and good employer principles.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site https://careers.parliament.govt.nz/home and enter the job code 25163GJ.