Looking for an opportunity to apply your operational skills and experience in sunny Nelson?
This is a great opportunity to lead a team of twenty healthcare workers.
This position will be based primarily at Collingwood St Clinic, Medlab South Nelson as well as our Nelson Hospital laboratory, however at times the position covers working at all five Collection Centres to ensure appropriate oversight. Medlab South is a division of the international healthcare business Healthscope, who has provided doctors and patients in New Zealand with pathology services since 1960.
You will be responsible for the overall management of Patient Services, consisting of five Collection Centre sites across the Nelson region.
We are looking for an experienced manager who will be responsible for effectively managing and supervising the phlebotomy staff across all centres. This will involve full responsibility for planning and organising rosters (which includes domiciliary services and weekday/weekend staffing) and ensuring effective relationships are maintained with key referrers and patients.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Be a Qualified Phlebotomy Technician (QPT) or qualified Medical Laboratory Pre-analytical Technician, Phlebotomy (MLPAT), or equivalent;
- Be registered with the Medical Science Council of NZ and have a current APC;
- Have relevant phlebotomy experience;
- Have previous supervisory and/or staff management experience including roster planning/management and experience managing budgets;
- We would also consider applicants with a Nursing degree or an Anaesthetic Technician both with supervisory / staff management experience
- Be available to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings, shift, on-call, and weekends if required;
- Be disciplined and self-motivated, with a positive and adaptable approach to work;
- Be highly customer-focused;
- Possess effective interpersonal and time management skills;
- Be able to work independently;
- Use your initiative to solve problems and make decisions appropriately.
Rise to the challenge and make your next career move today!
Applications Close: 12 Jul 2020