New Zealand Government
Wellington City, Wellington
Ministry of Social Development
Permanent position – full time
The role of Family Violence Response Coordinator (FVRC) is a specialist position supporting, mentoring and providing in-depth advice and training to Work and Income Case Managers. Through the support of the FVRS our Case Managers are able to provide information about support and services for vulnerable people at a time when they are most in need of help.
The FVRC works to build the capability of our front line staff to be able to confidently respond and support our clients who experience domestic violence.
They do this by designing and delivering training for Case Managers on areas including interviewing clients to ascertain eligibility and entitlements.
The FVRC supports case managers to:
- Interview clients to determine eligibility and entitlements
- Assist clients to understand and obtain entitlements and meet obligations
- Interpret and apply relevant legislation/ policy to client situations
- Inform clients of local family violence service providers
The Family Violence Response Coordinator works to build and maintain relationships with approved family violence service providers across the region, developing and maintaining effective links with a range of other people and agencies in order to maximise services built on interagency collaboration. This includes links with appropriate community groups, professional agencies and other client groups that relate to this work at both a local and regional level. The FVRC keeps these providers informed on policy changes and operational processes and also provides regular updates to the Regional Commissioner and Regional Director who manage key external relationships.
We are looking for a professional and enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate:
- Knowledge of community networks, agencies and service providers
- Experience in building strong working relationships, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Awareness of community and regional issues
- Experience facilitating and delivering training in both group and one-to-one situations
- Demonstrable problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong planning, organising and self-management skills
- Integrity, accountability and sound judgement
If you have the skillset, the experience and the tenacity to enjoy this role – we would like to hear from you.
How to Apply
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work.
External applicants please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system. Please note all applications must be made online.
To be considered, it is expected that all candidates provide a CV and current cover letter. The cover letter is an important aspect and should tell us why you are suited to this role and how your skills and abilities would contribute to the role.
Please highlight in your cover letter how your experience relates to the competencies listed in the following position description: http://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/service-delivery/regional-service-delivery/family-violence-response-coordinator-nov-2019.docx
For any further (confidential) discussion about the role, contact Jamie Robinson, Regional Director. [email protected],govt.nz
Applications close: Monday 13 July 2020