Farmlands is a leading organisation in the agricultural industry. We are farming co-operative with over 1,500 staff covering the width and breadth of New Zealand with more than 68,000 shareholders nationwide. Our size and scope means we can offer unrivalled career growth opportunities and the chance to develop your knowledge of a wide range of farming products and services.
We are currently seeking experienced salespeople to join us in a part time sales roles in our Waipapa store.
The hours for this role will be approximately 20 hours per week Monday to Friday with some rostered Saturdays required. You will be involved in:
About the Role
This isn't your typical retail sales roles,
they are varied and fast paced. You will:
- Serve shareholders coming into the store and provide sound advice and guidance
- Operate a POS system to process orders
- Loading and unloading products and manual handling of equipment
- Some heavy lifting may be required
You will be hands-on and outgoing with the following skills and experience:
- A sound knowledge of the agricultural sector would be ideal
- Highly skilled in customer service with a strong retail background
- The ability to relate well to a wide range of customers and shareholders
- Strong communication skills and the ability to provide technical information in an accurately
- Able to operate POS systems and computer based technology
- Be physically capable as some heavy lifting is required
Farmlands operates a Saturday morning roster system, so availability for this is essential
Culture and Benefits:
Farmlands has just completed an organisation wide technology transformation that will help us to provide the best service to our clients. This is a great time to join us and reap the rewards including:
- Genuine career development opportunities and chances to upskill
- Shareholding and personal insurances
- A great work/life balance with great hours.
Our team enjoy working for Farmlands because we offer the chance to develop and grow your agri career in a caring, supportive and passionate environment. Our culture is one of unity and working together to make a difference in our communities and for our shareholders. If this sounds like you then please apply online