The Open Polytechnic Of New Zealand
About this role
Expressions of Interest - Adjuncts, Te Reo Māori
Open Polytechnic operates nationwide as the specialist provider of vocational open and distance learning.
Open Polytechnic is seeking Adjuncts (Contractors) to mark (assess) learner assessments for the new programme : Te Pōkaitahi Reo (Te Kaupae 1)
The successful applicant(s) are required to have :
- Experience in Te Reo Māori teaching.
- Fluency in Te Reo Māori.
Adjunct activities can include any of the following :
Mark learner assessments electronically via our Online Marking tool, providing accurate, reliable, and valid assessment that is consistent with the marking schedule,
and provide feedback that supports learners in their learning.
Validate Markers decisions on learner assessments to ensure there has been sufficient evidence against the standard to support and validate the Markers decision.
The successful applicant will have :
- A high standard of written English and te reo Māori;
- Subject matter expertise or a relevant qualification in the related discipline;
- Appreciation of New Zealand's cultural context;
- Ability to assess learners in the technical knowledge of the subject area;
- NZ Bank Account and IRD number; and
- Access to Information and Communication Technology (ICT) including internet, computer, and telephone / mobile phone.
Training and access to online tools will be provided.
This is a contracted Adjunct role which is undertaken part-time and offsite. Training with regards to Open Polytechnic's expectations will be provided.
Fees payable are competitive and reflect the skills and knowledge required to undertake the Adjunct role.
Please email your CV and a covering letter indicating your interest, academic expertise, and availability to adjunctworkforce openpolytechnic.ac.nz.
Expressions of Interest close midday on 1st June 2022.