We are seeking experienced fishing crew who have a minimum of 12 months fishing experience on a deep sea trawler. We require fishing crew across all vessel positions. Each trip is 6 months in duration.
If you have exceptional work ethics, a commitment to safety, and enjoy working in a team, then we would like to hear from you.
While you work with us, you'll need to embrace our values and put them into practice in everything you do. Some of the knowledge and qualities we look for in our experienced fishing crew are:
- 12 months fishing experience on a deep sea trawler
- a strong safety focus
- the ability to communicate well
- able to build good relationships
- receive and follow instructions and open to following instructions
- a mature work ethic - being honest, reliable and trustworthy
- able to work under pressure in a demanding workplace
- fit and healthy
This role is very physically and mentally demanding as you may be doing the same repetitive task the entire time you are out at sea - so you'll need to be healthy, fit, strong, and resilient to cope with the continuous workload that happens from the minute you leave port to when you return.
Things you should know about the job
- The trip lengths are for 6 months duration.
- All meals supplied while at sea.
- All personal protective equipment supplied.
- In the interests of safety at sea, drug testing is a compulsory part of our pre-employment health assessment. Random drug testing is an on-going condition of employment.
- To apply you must be a New Zealand Citizen or have a residence class visa.
- The ability to communicate in Russian an advantage.
Not only are you working for a global seafood company where there are opportunities to transfer to a variety of different roles, you have the opportunity to meet some great, like-minded people on-board, become a part of the close knit Sealord family with your crew and make some lifelong friends.