We are looking for a trawl specialist with recent experience within the New Zealand fisheries in BATM style pelagic fishing operations.
Sealord is one of the largest seafood companies in the Southern Hemisphere. And with more than 50 years of fishing experience, farming, processing, marketing operations, our business consistently delivers quality seafood to our customers around the world.
Established in 1961, in Nelson Sealord is half owned by the Maori people of New Zealand, through Moana New Zealand (Aotearoa Fisheries Ltd), and half owned by global seafood company Nippon Suisan Kaisha, Ltd (Nissui).
Sealord is one of the largest quota holders in New Zealand with partners and subsidiaries around the world though Nissui's global links. Sealord Group has fishing operations, which includes all deep-water fishing activities as well as international and joint venture deep fishing activities, in New Zealand and Australia.
The Purpose of this role is to:
This role provides direct support to the Skipper, Fleet Liaison Technical Advisor and Senior crew in managing the safe and efficient selection, maintenance and repair of the vessel's fishing trawls whilst ensuring agreed company and customer expectations are met.
- Strong commitment to safety, prepared to model Sealord safety values.
- Proven experience in BATM style pelagic fishing operations
- Current and up to date knowledge of fisheries through time spent at sea over the last 24 months on BATM class vessels
- Good relationships with current BATM fleet.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Understanding of quality management principles
- Strong bias towards quality and customer focus
Things you should know about the job:
- The trip lengths are for 6 months duration.
- All meals supplied while at sea.
- All personal protective equipment supplied.
- In the interests of safety at sea, drug testing is a compulsory part of our pre-employment health assessment. Random drug testing is an on-going condition of employment.
- To apply you must be a New Zealand Citizen or have a residence class visa.