Healthcare of New Zealand
Who we are
At HealthCare New Zealand, our vision is to provide the best home and community-based health, disability and rehabilitation support in New Zealand. We are committed to the values of Respect, Support and Excellence in all that we do. Clinical screeners are an essential part of the Service Centre, responsible for ensuring referral information provides our teams with enough information to plan the right level of support for people in their homes.
What's the role about?
Due to continued company growth, we are seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to join our Referrals & Onbaording team in our Albany Service Center.
You will work closely with our service facilitators and local service delivery teams to ensure the services and care we provide to our clients meet their individual needs, while also understanding the variety of Home and Community Support Contracts we provide across New Zealand. This is an exciting opportunity that will utilise your clinical knowledge and strong administrative, organisational and interpersonal skills to help establish a brand-new service that meets needs of our clients in their homes.
The hours will be Monday to Friday on a rostered basis between the hours of 7am to 7pm - but are very flexible to suit your lifestyle. This role is full-time 40 hours per week based in Albany.
What you'll be doing
- Screen incoming referrals to identify specific health needs and ensuring these meet criteria for a range of service provided by Healthcare NZ
- Effectively liaise with referrers to ensure referral information is accurate and matches service delivery requirements
- Understand the requirements of our funders and the contracts we hold with them
- Ensure the accurate and timely setup, initial contact, and on-boarding processes for new Clients
- Ensure complete and accurate data entry into the Client Management System and other systems
- Manage and build strong relationships with Branches, nurses and kaiāwhina/support workers to meet the changing needs of the client
- Identify opportunities to develop clinical innovation that is sector leading and promotes best practice
- 5+ years post-registration experience as a Registered Nurse and a current annual practicing certificate
- Experience and knowledge of the health/disability or community sector ideal
- Excellent planning, organisational, critical thinking and time management skills
- Must be competent in the use of computer applications and databases
- Great interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with high volumes
- Understanding of interRAI is an advantage but not essential
- This is a unique role with an abundance of variety
- The ability to make a positive impact in the lives of others
- Flexible working hours to fit around your lifestyle
Mēnā he tangata ngākaunui ana koe ki te tautoko i ngā momo tāngata, tēnā pea, kei konei he tūranga mōu. Tukua mai tō tono ki Healthcare NZ.