We are looking for a specialist with recent experience within the New Zealand fisheries> Ability to converse in Russian beneficial but not essential.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Identify and build Sealord's knowledge of new fishing grounds
- Increase and maximise Sealord's fishing opportunities for pelagic species in and out of the EEZ
- Further develop Sealord's pelagic fishing capability
Recent Experience of New Zealand Fisheries
Strong commitment to safety, prepared to model Sealord safety values
Proven experience in deep-sea fishing operations
Current and up to date knowledge of fisheries through time spent at sea over the last 24 months
Thorough knowledge of fisheries regulations and quota management system
Demonstrated problem solving skills
Ability to monitor internal and external trends pertaining to fishing operations
Understanding of quality management principles
Computing and electronic communication skills
Strong bias towards quality and customer focus
If you have exceptional work ethics, a commitment to safety, and enjoy working in a team, then we would like to hear from you.
While you work with us, you'll need to embrace our values and put them into practice in everything you do. Some of the knowledge and qualities we look for in our experienced fishing crew are:
- 12 months fishing experience on a deep sea trawler
- a strong safety focus
- the ability to communicate well
- able to build good relationships
- receive and follow instructions and open to following instructions
- a mature work ethic - being honest, reliable and trustworthy
- able to work under pressure in a demanding workplace
- fit and healthy
This role is very physically and mentally demanding as you may be doing the same repetitive task the entire time you are out at sea - so you'll need to be healthy, fit, strong, and resilient to cope with the continuous workload that happens from the minute you leave port to when you return.
Things you should know about the job
- The trip lengths are for 6 months duration.
- All meals supplied while at sea.
- All personal protective equipment supplied.
- In the interests of safety at sea, drug testing is a compulsory part of our pre-employment health assessment. Random drug testing is an on-going condition of employment.
- To apply you must be a New Zealand Citizen or have a residence class visa.
Not only are you working for a global seafood company where there are opportunities to transfer to a variety of different roles, you have the opportunity to meet some great, like-minded people on-board, become a part of the close knit Sealord family with your crew and make some lifelong friends.