Navigate success for you and your team in this dynamic Vendor Business Sales Manager role!
This position is responsible for driving sales activities and achievements through their expeirenced team of Vendor Business Managers into the NZ market, as well as delivering against our strategy business plans and partner with stakeholders to achieve KPI's.
You will have proven experience within the New Zealand technology market as well as excellent virtual or direct team leadership qualities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance, Sales Management and mentoring to team
- Accurate sales forecasting and budgeting on a weekly and as required basis
- Managing sales budgets in terms of GP,
margins and overall revenue with the aim of meeting or exceeding targets
- Ensure adherence to profitability guidelines
- Act as escalation point for deal related enquiries
- Ensure all resources are working with Business Development Managers, Vendor and Marketing teams for account planning
- Oversee the development of a cohesive strategy for each resource in nominated territory
- Participate in regular account planning sessions with partners
- Work with Sales and Marketing Director to ensure Vendor BDM's are aligned with their vendors' strategy.
- Ongoing leadership, coaching and mentoring of your vendor BDM's
- Setting and measuring of monthly/quarterly and annual MBO's for team
- Sales forecasting and budgeting on a quarterly and as required basis.
- Managing sales budgets in terms of GP, margins and overall revenue.
- Actively manage the ongoing development initiatives within the team.
- Provide input and mentoring to key staff regarding career planning, resource utilisation and skills development
- Provide regular reviews and feedback - monthly and annual
- Manage staff performance
- Manage all people activities in conjunction with HR resources
- Develop training programs for team as required
- Conduct regular meetings with team to assess performance, training needs and sales activity.
Skills and knowledge:
- Strategic and tactical sales skills and relevant coal face selling experience
- Excellent presenter
- Strong knowledge of business concepts.
- Highly developed financial analytical skills
- Sales Management experience mandatory
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build strong relationships quickly and effectively
- Knowledge of Information technologies including communications, storage, security and networking; ability to position different products correctly
- Good administrative skills with attention to detail and good follow-up
- General computer literacy
- Understanding of and ability to apply pricing, Gross Profit, discounts, margin calculations
- Strong negotiation/persuasion skills
- Equivalent of minimum 4 years' experience in IT Sales management, quota carrying
- Strong sales and business development experience
- In-depth knowledge of the channel market
- Experience managing a sales team
- Management and development of People
- Negotiation skills
- Vendor Management
Westcon - Comstor is the world's leading specialty distributor of advanced network technological solutions. At Westcon - Comstor, our success is built on providing exceptional service to our resellers and the vendors we partner with. We are a value added distributor of category-leading solutions including datacentre and infrastructure, security, convergence, virtualisation, networking and storage with a variety of specialty resellers. Our teams provide exceptional sales, technical and customer service support to accelerate the business of our partners.
At Westcon-Comstor NZ we pride ourselves in delivering IT solutions to best meet customer needs on time, with a reputation second to none for client satisfaction, through the provision of value added products and services. We are a fast paced company who puts the provision of quality customer service first.
Come and join our spirited and commercially astute team where being good humoured and highly motivated are definite pre-requisites in joining this team. We are focused on being the leaders in our industry and having a culture of integrity, accountability, drive for success and fun.
We believe that our people are integral to the business and a major reason for success. People are our most valuable asset - we employ people who deliver outstanding results, embrace our values and are passionate about our brand.
If you want to start a career that is anything but ordinary, then apply today!