New Zealand Educational Institute
Come and join the country’s largest education union and work as a field officer working with NZEI Te Riu Roa members, including primary teachers, early childhood teachers, school support staff and special education staff.
NZEI Te Riu Roa is the organisation representing 49,000 primary and early childhood teachers, specialist education and advisory staff, early childhood and school support staff. It is committed to high quality public education and to the application of the Treaty of Waitangi.
We need someone who can play an important role in the work and campaigns of NZEI. These roles involve organising and supporting NZEI Te Riu Roa members in the Northland area. The fixed term is until July,
2021 (the end of school term 2).
Your duties would include:
- Encouraging, supporting and organising members to be active in NZEI campaigns
- Recruiting new members and supporting recruitment programmes
- Providing industrial and professional advice and support
- Assisting with membership education
- Maintaining regular contact with members
- Organising and running meetings
You need to have:
- High level communication skills
- Proven organising ability
- An interest and knowledge of the education sector and industrial relations
- An ability to work as part of a team
- Good time management skills
- An ability to develop and maintain networks and relationships
- Sound IT skills
- A willingness to learn
- A full NZ Driver’s Licence
This position is based in the NZEI Te Riu Roa Whangarei Office.
Professional development and support will be provided.
Applications in confidence should be addressed to [email protected] with “Whangarei” in the subject line.
Applications close at 5pm Friday 4th December 2020
NZEI Te Riu Roa welcomes and supports people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, religions, and disabilities/ abilities. An expectation of this role is to actively support and promote our diversity and inclusion principles. We want NZEI Te Riu Roa to be a place where you can bring your whole self to work.