OneStaff Palmerston North Ltd
Palmerston North City
- Temporary to Permanent opportunity
- Great Team Environment
- Immediate start and full time hours available
Our client specialises in sourcing, packing, processing, distributing, and marketing fresh produce solutions, predominately in the root crop category and in customer convenience category to supermarkets across New Zealand.
We are looking for a Machine operator with experience in a Manufacturing and Production environment to help run a Processing machine in this busy environment. You will be responsible for ensuring high Health and Safety standards are adhered to and the smooth running of the process line. You will be handling a variety of produce items cleaning,
checking quality and packing for distribution
We are looking for someone who is reliable and has a genuine interest in the production and manufacturing industry. You will bring with you the ability to work autonomously and within a team. You will have strong attention to detail, clear communication and listening skills. You will be comfortable working within a structured work environment and keen to learn and show desire to up skill.
The responsibilities within the role are as follows:
- Working on a production line - washing potatoes: packing potatoes, onions, carrots, beetroot, yams, and Brussels sprouts
- Working with Bulk Supply Stock take for reporting purposes on production pack outs
- Washing and Cleaning of machines and surrounding areas throughout the day
- Liaising with Line Supervisor of any concerns or issues with machinery or production
- Paperwork is completed efficiently - line pack out sheets, and Cleaning forms
- Forklift Operation (licensed to operate a OSH Forklift) - desired but not essential
- Setting up of Packing Machines, and change of production runs
- Other duties as and when directed by Pack house Supervisor and Line Supervisor
- Temp to permanent opportunity
- Pack house and Process Room has the state of art packing and process equipment
- Approachable leadership team
- Open door management policy
- Positive team culture
- Busy operation - opportunity to work on different stations/production lines
- Clear instructions and training provided
Days & Hours:
You can expect to work around 36-40 hours a week. Our client operates six days a week, Monday - Saturday so a typical day could have you starting at 6am .You will need to be flexible with hours as you may finish later on some days due to work demands. Our client is ten minutes south of Palmerston North so travel to and from work will be required.
You will need to pass the following pre-employment screening:
- Pre-employment drug test
- Ministry of Justice background check (some driving charges may be accepted)
- ACC history check
- Driver licence (minimum full) and own reliable transport
Click APPLY NOW if this role sounds interesting and we will be in contact. Alternatively call Janaia at OneStaff Palmerston North on 063538002 (direct) or 0800178233 (free phone).