Ara Institute of Canterbury
Ara Institute of Canterbury Ltd is a vibrant and progressive tertiary institute providing world-class, tertiary-level education throughout the Canterbury and Waitaki region. Our talented staff, innovative business collaborators and supportive community partners are passionate about the role they play in our students' success.
The Department of Engineering & Architectural Studies offers a range of established engineering and architectural studies related qualifications that are in demand due to their high quality and relevance to the building industry in New Zealand, and in particular, the Christchurch rebuild. Qualifications include the Bachelor of Architectural Studies,
National Diplomas in Architectural Technology, Construction Management, and Quantity Surveying as well as diplomas in Computer Aided Design and Interior Design. Department staff come from a broad range of construction related backgrounds including engineers, architects, draughts people, interior designers, quantity surveyors and materials science.
The Manager of Architectural Studies and Interior Design provides the management and leadership to enable day to day business to occur and has the responsibility for ensuring that a healthy working environment is operating within the Architectural Studies & Interior Design programmes and across the Department.
The position holder will work closely with the Head of Department and the other Department Managers to ensure that high academic quality is maintained in the department, that forward planning occurs, that actions are taken to enable plans to be achieved, and that clear and effective lines of communication are maintained between staff and students. The Manager will also be responsible for ensuring that academic and associated administration processes are consistently applied and meet the specified standards. The Manager will actively work with staff regarding improving the appropriateness and effectiveness of practices and processes.
- Take an active part in the department management of Engineering and Architecture.
- Be responsible, with the HOD, for the delivery of quality education programmes in Engineering & Architectural Studies
- Be responsible for people leadership, including developing team engagement, culture, and performance.
- Undertake the on-going administration, planning, and management of an area of educational programmes and products.
- Oversee the design of new programmes and qualifications at certificate, diploma, degree and postgraduate levels.
- Oversee product and curriculum development and subject development of modules.
- Establish and maintain links with relevant professional, community and industry groups for advice and support.
- Must have the vision, credibility, knowledge, and experience to lead a team within the Department of Engineering & Architectural studies with a strong academic reputation and extensive practical output.
- Master's degree in Architectural qualification
- An understanding of the New Zealand tertiary education environment and the needs of adult learners.
- Skills in leading a team of high performing professional staff.
- Plan, organise, delegate, administer and control area activities to meet quality standards and deadlines.
Enjoy excellent employment conditions, professional and skill development, a great central city location and access to modern on-site facilities including Gym/Recreation Centre with free staff yoga and group fitness sessions, Library, Visions on Campus Restaurant, two Childcare Centres and a Health Centre.
We accept applications via our online application system. For a job description and/or to apply online please visit https://careers.ara.ac.nz/search
If you have any queries in relation to the vacancy or application process, please contact the People and Culture team via [email protected] or 03 940 8623. Emailed applications will not be considered.
Applications close - Midnight Wednesday 21st April 2021
08 Apr 2021
21 Apr 2021 23:55