PERMANENT PART TIME AND FULL TIME POSITIONS IN WELLINGTON AND AUCKLAND
- 0.6 - 08 FTE Registered Nurse positions Auckland and Wellington
Our PlunketLine team provide support, advice and child assessment to families and whānau in New Zealand with children under five. PlunketLine is a 24/7 free phone service.
If you have a passion for working in partnership with families, an interest in maternal, child and family health and are comfortable with a range of computer skills, then we would like to hear from you.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Are you a Registered Nurse with two or more years post graduate nursing experience?
- Area you a Well Child Nurse, Health Visitor, Practice Nurse?
- Do you have a Neonatal, Accident and Emergency,
Community or Public Health nursing background?
- Are you resilient and adaptable to quick change and fast paced environments?
- Are you based in South Auckland, North Shore or Wellington CBD?
- Do you want to make a difference to the lives of babies, children families and whanau?
- Will you enjoy supporting team members in a busy, upbeat, professional work environment?
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- Exceptional time management and organisational abilities to prioritise;
- Emotional intelligence (EQ);
- Passion to serve our communities and whanau;
- Previous experience in the health care sector (beneficial);
- We have a flexible working pattern to suit your lifestyle
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN THE ROLE?
- A comprehensive orientation is provided with education and support to become a Well Child Nurse;
- You will be working closely in partnership with whānau;
- Using different mediums of technology to deliver service;
- Customer service is our priority;
- Assess caller presenting situations and identify any underlying issues to provide timely care and support;
- Understand implications of clinical practice outcomes;
- Utilise decision support software and own clinical knowledge to provide best practice advice;
- Empathise with callers who are often stressed and manage the calls to the client’s satisfaction;
WHY WORK FOR PLUNKET
- Plunket Whānau Āwhina is well-known NZ organisation with a commitment to pro-equity;
- We offer a positive and upbeat team in a modern supportive work environment;
- Plunket Whānau Āwhina is committed to our people having the skills, development and support to do their jobs and we provide access to learning and professional development opportunities, including support of postgraduate study;
Plunket actively seeks to meet its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi - Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We're committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE; JOIN THE TEAM AT THE END OF THE PHONE LINE.
For more information or to apply, please refer to www.plunket.org.nz/careers or contact Brenda Duncan, Administration Team Leader on 027 3021047 or email [email protected]
Applications close: 27 April 2021
Position description Apply Now