As one of the world's leading engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services companies, GHD operates a connected global network of over 10,000 professionals committed to delivering projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
In Christchurch, we are growing our Transportation team and are seeking a Graduate Design Technician to support a variety of projects across Canterbury and the South Island. We are a well-established team with strong senior leadership, excellent technical depth, and a supportive team culture.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Drafting and design in AutoCAD, calculations to justify those designs,
preparation of design drawings for civil and transport related projects
- Liaison with service authorities
- Assist with the preparation of technical reports on projects
- Design of transport, land development, water and sewer reticulation to NZ Transport Agency, Council and other client standards
- Bill of quantities/cost estimates to required project standards
- Organising and checking survey data received and merging into associated design packages
- You will currently have a good academic record and you will have enjoyed the design work within your course
- Confident user of AutoCAD with an eye for detail
- Experience in 3D modelling package beneficial (12D or OpenRoads), and a willingness to develop 3D design skills
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or other relevant qualification
- Good communication skills and will see yourself as a team player able to work with a skilled team of professionals.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Apply with your CV and cover letter today! For more information please contact Bridget Kiesanowski on 03 363 0809
Ki GHD, ka ākina te kaimahi e mātou kia tutuki ōna ake moemoeā. Nā te mea, ko te kaha o te tangata te tuarā o te pakihi. Nā reira, he hiahia nō mātou ki te whiwhi kaimahi nō ngā ahurea tuakiri maha, nō whenua rerekē, tane mai, wahine mai.
At GHD we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds.