Counties Manukau District Health Board
Nurse Entry to Practice Programme ………
…….. Supporting your potential - Opportunity to start in May 2021
Counties Manukau Health has a commitment to employ additional new graduate nurses as part of our May 2021 intake. The Nurse Entry to Practice programme available at Counties is a comprehensive twelve-month programme on 0.8 FTE. We are offering permanent positions across different areas which are listed below:
- Surgical Wards – Orthopaedics, General Surgery & Plastics
- Operating Theatres & PACU
Our aim is to provide a supportive environment in which the graduate nurse can progress and ensure competency is maintained throughout their first year of practice,
enabling him/her to provide a high standard of care and promote continuing professional development.
Counties Manukau Health is situated in the heart of Manukau City, Auckland, serving a young, vibrant and fast growing population. With over 167 ethnicities to boast, it is a colourful and dynamic community. A variety of socio-economic extremes enables nursing, as a core, to making a difference to population groups and people from all walks of life.
- Must be registered in the ACE system
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident or an Australian passport holder at time of application.
- Hold a Nursing Degree from a New Zealand nursing programme and have current NZ Annual Practicing certificate
- You must have not practiced as a New Zealand Registered Nurse continuously (full time 0.8FTE or more) for longer than six months before starting on the NETP programme.
- Registered with the NZ nursing council with a current APC
- Please include with your applications
- Updated Cover Letter and current Curriculum Vitae
- Academic Record
- 3 Referees - please include clinical tutor/lecturer from 3rd year, Charge Nurse or Nurse Educator/preceptor from transition or a recent employer
As you choose your nursing career, choose Counties Nurse Entry to Practice Programme, knowing that our focus is about 'supporting your potential'.
Position Number: CMH06485
Closing Date: 18th April 2021