Due to strong growth opportunities, we are seeking an accomplished Senior Transport Planner to join our high-performing, collaborative and enthusiastic team. We are flexible on what office this role will be based within New Zealand. You will focus on delivering transport planning, business cases, and support the consenting of sustainable development.
You will have local knowledge of the New Zealand policy and planning process and experience in delivering transport planning projects across a broad spectrum of clients. In additional to technical delivery, you will be looking to grow into a role including the preparation of proposals, project management,
stakeholder and community consultation and business development for public and private sector clients.
- Technical delivery of Transport Planning projects for public sector clients
- Build on your existing industry connections and experience to win and deliver project work
- Provide technical leadership to the wider team, to motivate and inspire junior team members
- Excellent communicator who enjoys engaging and influencing clients
What you will bring to the team:
- Degree qualified and proven experience as a Transport Planner
- Be confident in communicating Transport Planning issues and solutions to a wide audience using first principle
- Excellent written and oral communicator
- Understanding of the regulatory framework for Transport Planning in New Zealand, including the GPS, RMA and Waka Kotahi processes
- Experience in contributing to the development of Programme and Indicative Business Cases for transport infrastructure schemes
- Have experience in structure planning, Transport Assessments and Development Control preferably at master-plan or large scale.
- Pro-active and enthusiastic team player with an ability to work both independently and as part of an integrated wider team.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Apply with your CV and cover letter today! For more information please contact Bridget on 03 363 0809
Ki GHD, ka ākina te kaimahi e mātou kia tutuki ōna ake moemoeā. Nā te mea, ko te kaha o te tangata te tuarā o te pakihi. Nā reira, he hiahia nō mātou ki te whiwhi kaimahi nō ngā ahurea tuakiri maha, nō whenua rerekē, tane mai, wahine mai.
At GHD we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds.