Palmerston North City
GHD Palmerston North’s water team has a strong local client base with growing workload across public clients, local developers and other private clients. Our office has over 20 employees in a great location in town and it is a thriving, fun place to work. As well as water, we excel in structures, transportation and agribusiness with a strong focus on digital transformation.
Working with an excellent and energetic Team Leader, this position offers good variety of work and will see you involved in:
- Delivering technical outcomes on three waters infrastructure projects
- Working with the Water Central team on multi-discipline projects, both within the Central region and nationally
- Undertaking project investigations,
feasibility studies, concept, preliminary and detailed design work and report writing, contract administration and MSQA
- Preparation of proposals and bids for projects
- Design mentoring - growing the capability of the younger team members
- Managing a variety of small to medium sized projects
What you will bring to the team:
- Proven experience in delivering 3 water infrastructure design projects and good understanding of NZ industry standards
- The ability to take technical lead on projects, coordinate resources and ensure project outcomes and client expectations are met
- Your experience of providing technical recommendations for bids as well as writing and crafting proposals for projects
- The ability to be client facing, with an eye for business development opportunities
- A proactive and collaborative attitude, able to coach and mentor
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- Relevant tertiary qualification
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Apply with your CV and cover letter today! For more information please contact Bridget on 03 363 0809
Ki GHD, ka ākina te kaimahi e mātou kia tutuki ōna ake moemoeā. Nā te mea, ko te kaha o te tangata te tuarā o te pakihi. Nā reira, he hiahia nō mātou ki te whiwhi kaimahi nō ngā ahurea tuakiri maha, nō whenua rerekē, tane mai, wahine mai.
At GHD we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds.