The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for International applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please use the 'Apply' option.
Protégé Marine Loss Adjuster
IF YOU CARE, THERE’S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick’s talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury,
suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets—their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
Calling all marine experts! If you’re looking for a role that will allow you to apply your existing vessel and/or cargo marine knowledge, utilise your inquisitive way of thinking, all whilst developing a long term, exciting career within a global organisation, then this may be the role you’ve been waiting for.
We have a rare opportunity to join our Protégé training scheme, based in our Newmarket office. The successful candidate will ideally have had experience in either vessels and/or cargo marine industry sectors. We are open minded to look at anyone bringing relevant sector experience and the right personal qualities. This may be the first time you’re exposed to the world of insurance. As part of the protégé training scheme, full on the job training will be provided by experienced marine surveyors within the team, in addition to company funded external marine insurance training.
Desired skills and qualities for this role include:
- Experience in either vessels and/or cargo marine industry sectors
- An inquisitive and open mind to support the investigative aspects of the work to determine the core facts and details
- Confident and personable demeanour that puts people at ease in what is a stressful time
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including conflict resolution
- A high standard of written English and numeracy, including good Word and Excel skills necessary for creating reports and calculating adjustments of claims
- Strong personal integrity
- Able to work effectively within a well-defined and proven process
- A readiness to handle any job that comes your way, large or small
- Eagerness to learn and develop yourself further professionally (including obtaining further qualifications that are company funded)
- The right to work and reside in New Zealand. We are a New Zealand Immigration accredited employer, which allows us to support visa applications under the Talent (Accredited Employer) scheme
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Facilitating and assisting with the settlement of major and complex marine insurance claims for vessels and cargo. This includes:
- Adjuster site visits/inspections
- Discussion of circumstances of the loss with the insured and other parties
- Preparation of reports to the insurance company/client in a timely matter
- Calculate, negotiate , and deliver the settlement outcomes
- Manage a significant file load, meet individual performance targets, and deliver a high standard of work at all times
- Develop professional relationships with insurers and brokers as well as wider networks and relationships within the industry
- Deliver expected levels of customer service
- Participate in ongoing training and developmental opportunities and mentoring programmes, thus contributing to the ongoing development of skills in the team.
Benefits of working for us:
- Our core role involves making a difference in people’s lives
- Working for a leading global organisation with a fantastic reputation
- We value and welcome diversity, acknowledging the strength this gives us as a team
- Great team culture with opportunities for further career development
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
To apply, please click APPLY NOW and provide your CV and Cover Letter
Applications close 30th April 2021
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.