Tonkin + Taylor
Join our fantastic IT team who are delivering best in class solutions for the Engineering industry. We are a dedicated team of professionals working in the environmental and consulting engineering space who enjoy our work and like to have fun.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for maintenance and provisioning of the ICT infrastructure services platform. Working with various areas of the business, while engaging with system users and other teams across Tonkin + Taylor to provide advanced technical support for desktop, server, cloud and networking issues. Ensure all IT services are properly maintained and upgraded, including anti-virus, backups, imaging, and patching. Provide subject matter expertise for hardware, cloud and software.
About the role:
Assist with designing and creating systems to deploy and update Windows to laptops and workstations.
- Assist with the administration of Office 365 and Azure.
- Develop systems to backup/migrate user files and preferences.
- Assist with build, test and maintenance of T+T servers.
- Assist with the build, test and maintenance of network infrastructure.
- Work with the Technical Specialist - Network Infrastructure to gain an understanding of network infrastructure requirements of the business.
- Create and maintain documentation on infrastructure systems and devices to a high standard.
- Assist with research, implementation and testing of new systems as required.
- Perform general IT duties if required i.e. network, desktop or software support (this will depend on skill level and area of interest).
- Assist helpdesk with escalated problems.
- Contribute to robust discussion regarding all aspects of ICT service and support policies and processes.
- Be a strong team player and uphold ICT and business values, processes and decisions.
Your technical skills are important, but it is your other attributes that will make you a standout candidate to join this diverse and experienced team to advance your skills and grow within the company:
- Ability to prioritise effectively and perseverance to achieve goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in all Windows Server Operating Systems, SCCM, Skype For Business, Exchange 2016, Hyper-V, SQL - installation and maintenance, Office 365 services, LAN/WAN and WiFi networking, Backup technologies - Veeam.
- Team Player - contribute positively to team moral and assists others where necessary.
- Customer focussed.
- Willingness to learn and an ability to get to grips with new technologies quickly.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to think creatively and outside the square.
- Adaptable to change and enjoys working in a busy environment.
- Ability to operate in an open plan environment.
- Willingness to provide support and back up to other members of the team.
- An appreciation of others' skills and abilities.
The benefits to you will include the opportunity to work with a senior team on a wide range of projects - from supporting the integration of in-house systems to the development of software for established national and international clients. We work to support the people in our business and to improve the quality of life of all New Zealanders and people in need around the globe.
If you are not already convinced about joining us, we also offer competitive compensation packages and a wide range of employee benefits. Tonkin & Taylor is not just a place to work - it's a place where innovation, technical rigour and achievement of results are rewarded. It is a place where you can work alongside New Zealand's experts to solve some of the most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide.
To submit your application for this role, click on the Apply Now button or for more information contact Ronny Bilkhu on 093556019.
APPLY NOW! Or for further information on T+T, go to: http://www.tonkintaylor.co.nz. We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer and a member of Diversity Works. We particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pasifika languages to apply.