With a large program of infrastructure projects on the horizon, it couldn't be a better time for a standout Intermediate/Senior Planner to join our Waikato/Bay of Plenty Team. Our recently combined team includes over 40 staff committed to delivering great outcomes for our clients and communities in the region.
We are investing heavily in the region and are moving into brand new offices in Hamilton, located in the heart of the CBD. Designed with growth in mind, the office will showcase our architecture and interior design capabilities to deliver a space to enable true collaborative delivery.
We are seeking someone with highly developed problem-solving skills who works collaboratively to deliver the right outcomes for our clients and the environment. You will be able to use your strong communication skills by engaging with stakeholders so they feel that their voices are heard, and be part of planning policy work for local government and private sector clients.
We're currently involved in projects that will make a difference; projects that involve the building blocks of New Zealand - the development and infrastructure that keeps our urban and rural environments moving. We are involved across the project life-cycle, from developing and setting policy, contributing to business cases, developing strategies and securing consents, engaging with stakeholders, project delivery and monitoring and compliance.
This exciting opportunity will see you involved in:
- Contribute as part of a dynamic team that works nationally and locally
- Work on a range of planning and policy work that brings together many technical disciplines and business sectors
- A fantastic team culture with a focus on working collaboratively in an environment which supports growth and innovation
- Opportunities for career development, e.g. mentoring/preparing you for full membership of NZPI, project management and business development
What would you bring to the team?
- A comprehensive understanding of the NZ planning system and relevant legislation
- Proven track record in regional council, local authority or private sector planning
- Business development including pre-positioning, preparation of competitive proposals and client management
- Enthusiasm to work collaboratively with other technical disciplines on multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects
- A relevant Planning qualification (a Bachelor or Masters of Planning, or similar). A New Zealand Planning Institute-recognised qualification is preferred
- Full membership of the NZPI (or working towards this)
GHD recognises and understands the world is constantly changing. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation.
We are a global professional services company that leads through engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Our forward-looking, innovative approaches connect and sustain communities around the world. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are focused on building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals connected by over 200 offices, across five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region.
Find out more about us at ghd.com
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Apply with your CV and cover letter today! For more information please contact Bridget on 03 363 0809
Ki GHD, ka ākina te kaimahi e mātou kia tutuki ōna ake moemoeā. Nā te mea, ko te kaha o te tangata te tuarā o te pakihi. Nā reira, he hiahia nō mātou ki te whiwhi kaimahi nō ngā ahurea tuakiri maha, nō whenua rerekē, tane mai, wahine mai.
At GHD we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.