We are a proud New Zealand Co-operative built by generations of farming whānau. We believe nutritious food is essential to sustain people today, and for future generations to thrive, which is why we challenge ourselves to find new ways to bring our dairy goodness to people around the world.
About the opportunity
Join our Logistics Planning team and take ownership for delivering optimised logistics plans! Our Logistics Planning team delivers optimised logistics plans that advise the business on the level of resources required to support the business plan and keep product mix optionality; and produce the distribution plan to support the expected service levels at the optimal cost,
to deliver the most value to our customers and Shareholders.
In this role you will report into the Logistics Network Planning Manager, working in collaboration with other Logistics Optimisation Planners and work closely with the Tactical Planning and Logistics Operations functions. You will showcase your strong stakeholder service skillset and work with a wide range of internal stakeholders to understand the risk that exists in the network and deliver a robust plan.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaboratively generate a feasible cost optimised Logistics Distribution Plan in weekly buckets from week two out to 13 weeks
- Ensure plan is signed off by key stakeholders; NZ Distribution Centre teams, Logistics Operations and 3rd Party Logistic (3PL) providers
- Provide guidance to Portfolio Supply Planners on balanced pack plant nomination
- Update KPI reports for weekly review, providing insights and analysis where we are outside of guidelines
- Ensure that issues are raised and actively managed and escalated to relevant parties as needed
- Lead the weekly handover calls to the Logistics Operations and NZ Distribution Center teams
- Scenario plan to work through various options on resource versus cost and associated opportunities
Please note that this is a 6 months fixed-term contract.
We are looking for an energetic self-starter who can take initiative and problem solve. You will act with confidence and professionalism when talking to your stakeholders and have great communication skills. Working well under pressure and the ability to prioritise workload will help you succeed in this varied and challenging role. Having a background in logistics, supply/demand or production planning, inventory management, warehousing or end to end supply chain is highly beneficial.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Previous track record in logistics planning, optimisation planning, demand/supply planning,production planning or inventory management
- Robust experience with SAP, Microsoft Office 365 and Excel is required
- Thoroughness, attention to detail and commitment to learn
- Agility and ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytics, problem-solving and trouble-shooting ability
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills, both written and verbal
Whanaungatanga, our Co-operative spirit gives us all a common strength and purpose. Manaakitanga is how we care for all our people who are at the heart of what we do, we want our farmers, employees, customers and communities to thrive. Kaitiakitanga, ensures we take care of the land. We are committed to farming in a way that regenerates our farms and environment for future generations.
Whakaohooho constantly inspires ourselves and each other with great career development opportunities and benefits. We enable flexibility and balance to suit everyone’s lifestyles and choices.
Our Co-operative is a place where everyone can be themselves, feel empowered to do their best.
Sound good to you? Come join our whānau. You, me, Us Together Tᾱtou tᾱtou.