What's the job?
2 in a Ute is an exciting joint venture between Auckland Council and Citycare Water. We are working together to improve the quality of Auckland's waterways and stormwater infrastructure.
We are looking for a Programme Manager to lead the 12-month trial of the 2 in the Ute project.
2 in a Ute is exactly that - two people working together on water maintenance in their local community. Within each Ute there will be one Labourer and one Leading Hand, attending to jobs within a specified work area.
The focus is water sensitive infrastructure - which are the assets that enable us to manage stormwater and groundwater using natural soil and plant processes.
This water sensitive approach minimises impact on the environment and enhances the appeal of community spaces for Aucklanders.
This position encompasses the planning, commercial, stakeholder management and reporting for the programme particularly focusing on the contractual terms and the establishment of the social franchise. This role will focus on the commercial and strategic elements of the project, while the day-to-day operational management is managed by the Healthy Waters Contract Manager. You will work together closely to ensure the programme is managed in alignment.
Skills & Experience: As a minimum, candidates will need to possess the following:
- Extensive experience (10 years minimum) and demonstrable knowledge in asset, project or programme management
- Strong understanding of programme development and resource planning. Good ability to see the big picture but also able to focus on programme detail.
- Demonstrated experience in arranging for the undertaking of feasibility studies and option appraisals, including financial and non-financial analysis
- High degree of accuracy, timeliness & attention to detail
- Effective problem solver with strong people leadership skills
- Effective communicator and collaborator.
- Results driven with a proven ability to prioritise tasks.
- Full class 1 driver's license
- Ability to pass pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol test
- Personal interest in sustainability and community involvement
As New Zealand's go-to company for infrastructure construction and maintenance services, we know our people are what make us great. Citycare is going places and we're looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Our leading-edge water treatment, reticulation, construction and maintenance capabilities keep our cities running around the clock.
Know that the work you're doing is contributing towards a cleaner, safer New Zealand
Questions? Please contact Sophie Guest on [email protected] Applications close 16 May 2021