New Zealand - Waikato, Hamilton - NZ
As part of our commitment to developing long term relationships and serving of our key clients with high calibre services and solutions we are looking to appoint a Hamilton Civil Infrastructure Leader to manage and deliver the various stages of our key major transport and infrastructure projects, leading and inspiring our team of outstanding technical client focused people.
It is likely that you will hold significant experience in the civil infrastructure industry, likely at Technical Director level or above where you have developed and honed your people management, client and project delivery skills.
You will be comfortable within a Consultancy environment and will be able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen.
- Win work by leading and/or supporting major pursuits. Maintain strong relationships with targeted key consultants and contractors to position AECOM in the market to win favourable major opportunities and deliver them to the highest standard.
- Be a leader within the infrastructure industry, maintaining strong relationships with targeted senior clients to enable a deep understanding of their needs. Promote a client focussed culture through this leadership
- Attract, engage & retain staff and develop a culture of high performance and technical excellence.
- Leads and develops high performing teams and team members. Maximizes engagement and retention, demonstrating personal leadership of AECOM’s cultural standards; fosters an inclusive environment where people succeed and fulfil their potential
- Delivering a programme of projects that enhances AECOM’s reputation by exceeding the planned results and outcomes in addition to exceeding our clients’ expectations.
- Delivering the ANZ Strategy and financial plan for the Auckland CI team
Key areas for engagement and collaboration
- Key member of the CI Leadership Team
- Collaborates with CAM Managers and Major Project Directors on strategy to build relationships and position and secure work.
- Collaboration with other CI Area Managers and Discipline Leads, to share project work between offices, Regions and GDS
- Collaborate with National Technical Leads and ANZ Technical Practice Leads on Technical Excellence.
Skills & Attributes
- Impactful with senior business and project leaders, and with clients. Engages and motivates teams and team members through a clear vision and direction.
- Communicates with confidence – builds broad and deep external networks, uses a full range of available communication mediums to inspire and engage others, demonstrates empathy, understanding and exceptional active listening skills, elicits feedback and encourages others to speak up.
- Role models standards and expectations – seeks excellence, communicates frequently and clearly, is strategic, is results-focused, is accountable, makes fact-based decisions, innovates and collaborates.
- Strong business analysis skills. Is able to understand and interpret complex financial systems and reports
- Experienced in successfully managing complex projects and meeting delivery requirements.
- Builds high performance teams, is an architect and leader of change, expands capability and capacity, drives flawless execution.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen, and the ability to develop a strong client base
- 15+ years relevant experience
- Strong team leader with excellent interpersonal skills who effectively works with and supports team members
- An effective leader with tenacity and drive to achieve outstanding results
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- Collaborative; shares knowledge, experience, ideas and expertise for the betterment of group and self
- Is diligent and able to work consistently to deadlines under tight time frames
- High-level problem-solving skills & sound judgment
- Takes accountability for assigned work
- Maintains confidentiality
- Well presented, with a professional attitude
- Client focused (both internal and external clients)
Tertiary degree qualification preferably in engineering, science or business
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.