We are now seeking an additional and suitably skilled applicant to fill the position of Mechanical Fitter & Turner preferably with experience in working with a variety of high pressure pumps, plant, and machinery for an immediate start, based at our mechanical workshop in East Tamaki.
Reporting to the Northern Workshop Manager, the role tasks are to provide maintenance fitting skills and knowledge for the daily upkeep of vehicles, plant and machinery with mechanical maintenance skills in troubleshooting, attending to breakdowns, welding, pneumatics & hydraulics.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a current driver's licence (Class 1 (NZ). Class 2/4/5 (desirable)
- Hold a NZ recognised Level 4 Trade qualification in Mechanical Engineering (Fitter/Turner)
- Have general machining as well as welding and general fitting skills.
- Have the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Be able to demonstrate a positive 'can do' attitude, and be flexible in the duties undertaken
- Be able to get to and from work
- Be committed to consistently producing high quality work.
- Be physically fit and presentable
- Have good time management & sound communication skills
Successful applicants are required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and understand what it is like to work within a structured health and safety system.
In return we offer an attractive remuneration package dependent on experience, and this role will provide a challenging future career for the right candidate.
Applicants for this position should have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Only those candidates considered suitable for the role will be contacted and we kindly request no agencies please.
Applications Close: 18 May 2021