In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It’s time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential.
Want to be a part of our team?
The MS Engineer (L3) is responsible for providing a service to clients by proactively identifying and resolving technical incidents and problems. Through preemptive service incident and resolution activities, as well as product reviews, operational improvements, operational practices and quality assurance this role will maintain a high level of service to clients. Their primary objective is to ensure zero missed service level agreement (SLA) conditions.
The MS Engineer (L3) is responsible for managing tickets of high complexity, conducts advanced and complicated tasks, and provides resolution to a diverse range of complex problems. This position uses considerable judgement and independent analysis within defined policies and practices. Applies analytical thinking and deep technical expertise in achieving client outcomes, while coaching and mentoring junior team members across functions.
"Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs supporting the company infrastructure business processes and operations and/or network-based (cloud) product systems. Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software. Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems with automated systems solutions. Analyzes, designs, acquires and implements projects for LAN and/or WAN systems. Plans, designs, acquires and implements telecommunications voice/wire systems. At higher job levels, may contribute to the development, testing, evaluation or design of system or infrastructure architecture used throughout the IT solution set."
Working at NTT
Level 3 End User Compute Systems Engineer
Do you want to be the person who exceeds your potential?
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, NTT offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We're positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 28,000 great people in more than 58 countries, you'll be working with teams across the world. You'll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are looking for a level 3 desktop engineer to join our team in central Auckland.
This team is the 2nd line support for any issues related to the 8000 desktops/laptops of this enterprise client. Taking escalations from the 1st & 2nd level support teams, you will have excellent knowledge of Windows client troubleshooting (think Windows registry, solving application compatibility issues)
This role requires you to:
- Provide 3rd level support for the end User Compute technologies
- Be the subject matter expert responsible for the End User Compute services
- Use your technical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Communicate effectively
- Be awesome everyday
To be the successful candidate you must have the following experience & skills
- At least five years’ experience in the support of a large Windows 10 desktop environment and the related infrastructure.
- An expert in desktop troubleshooting, with a focus on desktop operating systems and supporting applications to resolve complex issues.
- Experience in using and supporting deployment tools such as SCCM and Intune for SOE deployment and patching.
- SCCM and Intune experience
- Azure modern desktop cloud platforms, such as Windows Virtual Desktop
- A reasonable ability to create and maintain PowerShell scripts
- Experience in creating and changing group policies
- Experience with Office 365 and Exchange Online
- Endpoint protection products such as Windows Defender
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- A basic understanding of ITILv3 framework and principles.
- Apple Mac support in an enterprise with JAMF knowledge a bonus
- Computer science degree preferable
What will make you a good fit for the role?
You will join a dedicated client support team of 35. Awesome team, great environment, exciting client.
The environment is one of the largest and most challenging in New Zealand. You will have the opportunity to work on one of our most iconic brands that operates globally.
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with us. Apply today.
Equal opportunity employer
NTT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category.