Eurofins Central Laboratory
Penrose, Auckland, New Zealand
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. With about 45,000 staff in more than 800 sites across 47 countries, Eurofins believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. Thanks to its decentralized structure and very strong growth,
Eurofins provides unparalleled career opportunities for leaders and professionals who want to join a fast paced environment and grow their responsibilities quickly, in Australia, New Zealand or overseas.
Eurofins Food and Water Testing New Zealand provides range of class leading food, water, plant, soil and fertilizer testing, as well as horticultural services and technical solutions, primarily to the New Zealand market. With a staff of over 350 we operate laboratories in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin and Tauranga. We specialise in all Food types, Plants, Soils, Fertilizers, Potable Water, Sludge, Sediments, Leachate, Trade Waste Effluents, Sewage Effluents, Surface Water, River & Stream Monitoring, Seawater, and Groundwater.
We currently have a vacancy for a Sample Reception – Dispatch Driver/Sampler position at our Auckland Microbiology Department in a permanent full-time shift-based role.
The main purpose of the role is to collect samples from the clients’ sites, and to deliver consumables to clients in a timely manner. We seek an energetic and motivated professional to join our Sample Reception – Dispatch team. This position would suit someone who is well organised and comfortable working in a busy environment. Hours of work are 8 hours per day, Monday to Friday, and additional hours may be required on some occasions.
This is a permanent full-time position. This entry level position would suit a new graduate wanting to enter the laboratory field or someone returning to the workforce.
Key Position Objectives
Reporting to the Sample Reception – Dispatch Coordinator, the role will focus on but is not limited to:
- To prepare consumables for dispatch to the clients
- To collect samples from the clients’ sites
- To collect water samples on a roster basis, from around the Auckland region
In addition other requirements of this position are:
- To accurately record details relating to time, place and on site measurements
- To collect samples ensuring no contamination occurs as a result of the sampling process and to carry out any on site measurements required
- To maintain good lab practice at all times, to ensure the highest quality service to our customers
- To operate in accordance with the company's Quality and Procedures manuals and to not do anything which would jeopardise the company's various accreditations
- To keep the lab and equipment (e.g. vehicle) in a good physical condition at all times
- To maintain a positive, professional and safe working environment, being mindful of the company’s Health and Safety procedures
- To be willing to work on continuous improvement initiatives; assisting with other tasks as required
- Must have a current full New Zealand driver's licence
- Must have a valid NZ work visa or be a NZ resident
- Previous experience in a commercial laboratory environment would be an advantage
- Practical knowledge of basic microbiological or sample handling techniques, experience in a production environment, and experience working as a part of a large team are all desirable, but can be trained on the job
- Attention to detail while performing routine or repetitive tasks
- Able to take initiative, and work in a fair and responsible way
- Reliable and flexible, with the ability to work to a rostered shift that may include morning / evening shifts
- Good time management skills are a must, in order to keep up with the pace of a busy production environment
- Act with integrity at all times
- Willing to learn and have a “can-do attitude”
- Able to follow instructions, either verbally directed or from scientific resources and SOPs
- Can communicate clearly and effectively across multiple teams
All candidate CV's and cover letter's will be reviewed, however please note that we are not always able to respond to every expression of interest submitted.
If you have the necessary skills and experience, please submit a cover letter (1 page maximum) and a resume demonstrating your experience and reason for wanting the position no later than 31 May 2021.
This opportunity is only open to candidates who are eligible to work in Australia/New Zealand, and already have work rights or an appropriate working visa.
Please note: Current Eurofins employees should first speak with their Business Unit Manager before submitting an application for this position.
In your submission, please include the following information:
Your salary expectation;
If you are a permanent resident / citizen
If you are able to work an early or late shift