Industrial at Beca
Backed by over 40 years of experience across Australia and New Zealand, our 340 strong industrial teams are committed to making every day better for our clients.
We work across a range of industries, including & mining, food & beverage, wood & fibre, and energy and manufacturing. Our diverse teams’ partner with our well-known clients to help them investigate options, improve processes, and increase productivity.
We provide development opportunities for a varied and meaningful career at Beca and our employee-owned structure puts people at the heart of our decision-making.
We are a collaborative and supportive team, open to the flexibility you need to be able to bring your best self to work and home life.
Beca has offices throughout New Zealand that lead and support projects of national significance. Being based in Auckland allows you to have a great work-life balance while growing and advancing your career in a vibrant and growing professional services organisation. You will be joining a diverse and talented team that works across a range of sectors, where innovation and delivering the best for our clients is at the heart of every decision we make.
To be part of our team we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Auckland based Industrial team of 75 diverse and passionate engineers, designers, project managers and quantity surveyors. We are a close-knit team who enjoy being part of the Auckland office culture which showcases our values of enjoyment, partnership, care and tenacity!
You will be joining our piping team working closely with our teams located in Australia and Indonesia to deliver piping engineering and design activities, liaising with other disciplines to facilitate a coordinated design.
Every day will be varied and provide new challenges, overall this role will see you:
- Undertaking small to medium projects from concept, study, estimating, design and execution phases for piping and broader mechanical engineering projects.
- Work in a 3D environment, and use pipe stressing software such as AutoPIPE to optimise the engineering solution
- Communicate designs to clients and produce high-quality technical reports
- analyse complex systems and develop efficient, constructible solutions.
- working with diverse teams across multiple projects and industries
- See opportunities, take initiative and see things through to completion
- Short to long term assignments to industrial sites as part of site-based engineering teams, during the design and construction phases including regional New Zealand, New Caledonia and Indonesia.
You love to learn and share knowledge and are someone who can bring a fresh perspective. You are a Mechanical Engineer in a similar consulting or contracting environment where you found your passion and good problem-solving skills, you are thorough, analytical and enjoy a challenge. You are experienced with piping centric projects and have built your experience across technical, delivery and client-facing roles. You will also have an enquiring mind and be able to problem-solve and think laterally. Whilst not essential, brownfield design, on-site piping installation, 3D delivery, pipe stress modelling (AutoPipe), AutoCAD, emerging technologies, and hand-sketch skills are all advantageous.
What we offer
A career with Beca will provide you with:
- Opportunity to influence projects and impacts on the environment and the community
- Daily interaction with highly motivated professional engineers dedicated to making our world better
- Professional development and experience with Industry 4.0 initiatives
- A supportive and caring work environment where you can bring your whole self to work.
- Support with relocation and immigration to suitable applicants
- Flexible working arrangements to balance your personal / family commitments.
- Opportunities to learn from our industry experts and technical gurus across the Asia-Pacific.
- A highly supportive environment of sharing and collaboration.
- Excellent benefits provided to all staff – including discounted health insurance, discounts on gym memberships, and a huge number of social club events.
Beca prides itself on supporting a diverse and inclusive culture – open to inputs from creative people of all genders, ethnicity, identity, thought and experiences.
Ready to make the move?
New Zealand has lots to offer whether you are looking for greenery, beaches or ski slopes we really do have options to suit all. Wherever you choose to live we have work options to suit.
If you want to make everyday better, apply online today on the link below. If you have any questions, call Autumn English – Talent Acquisition Business Partner on + 64 9 336 5954.
Beca is one of Asia Pacific’s largest independent advisory, design and engineering consultancies. After a century of operation, we have grown from a family-owned business to one of our region's most progressive, client-centric professional services consultancies. We have more than 3,300 employees in 21 offices around the world and have delivered projects in more than 70 countries.
‘Creative people together transforming our world’ is our vision. It reflects our culture, our aspirations and our purpose - to make everyday better. We create value through understanding and delivering successful solutions, exceptional service and our enduring relationships and use our skills and systems to empower innovation; helping our clients shape communities, optimise their assets and streamline their operations.
While our experience has been 100 years in the making, it is the fresh talent we're nurturing, the innovative thinking we're developing and the connections that we're forging that get us most excited for the future.