St John NZ
Full-time, Internship, Permanent
We currently have an opportunity for a qualified and experienced Paramedic to join our Cambridge Team. We will also consider applications from candidates who have graduated with a degree in paramedicine from a recognised institution, and who meet the criteria to enter the clinical internship programme.
We are looking for individuals who are adaptable and can settle into our team with ease, work alongside both paid and volunteer staff and provide a high level of care to our patients. The ideal applicants would have a positive demeanour, willingness to contribute to station portfolios, and champion clinical excellence.
If you are keen to be challenged,
grow as a clinician and step outside of your comfort zone, this might be the role for you!
Skills & Experience Required:
- A current St John Authority to Practice at Paramedic level, or be eligible to enter the clinical internship programme
- Excellent operational and clinical performance to date
- Excellent driving record
- Have maintained your volunteer and/or casual commitment throughout your journey with St John to date i.e. a minimum of one 12 hour shift per fortnight
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
- A genuine commitment to the wellbeing of others
- The ability to work under pressure
- Evidence of CCE
- Demonstrated behaviours that align with St John's core values - Do the right thing, Side by side, Straight up, Make it better, Open minds
If you are a current member of St John applying for this role and will require an internship please complete the following steps;
- Complete the Internship application form 2018 found on heartbeat
- Attach copies of your academic transcript in your application or send to [email protected]
- The first step of the internship process after the advertisement as closed, is an online clinical quiz. Please be aware that you must achieve a pass rate of at least 60% in one attempt of this quiz to be progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process.
- After passing the online quiz, the next step will be to get endorsement from your Territory and District Operations Manager
- Further information regarding the inclusion and exclusion criteria for Internships can be found here
If you are not currently a member of St John and will require an internship, please simply apply now and attach your CV, Cover letter and Academic Transcript to your application. If you are shortlisted for this position, we will talk through what the process for external applicants is at that point.
Please note: all appointments are subject to satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks including, but not limited to, drug testing, physical assessment and health check. For clinical operations roles where you are required to drive, you will be required to meet the NZTA medical standards associated with a Class 2/P endorsement on a NZ driver license.
Please submit your CV and application letter outlining your skills and experience by clicking "Apply Now".
For more information please contact Hugh Davison, Territory Manager, on 0800 STJOHN
Applications close: Sunday 23rd February 2020
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
Haramai ngā tai o te āniwaniwa, he kāhui rangatira tēnei, he kāhui whakamana tāngata whaimahi, e te iti, e te rahi e